30 December, 2020
Aam ChundaPosted in : Veg/Non Veg on by : Simmi Iyer
This Gujarati Aam Chunda or Keri No Chundo as called in Gujarati is a sweet and tangy mango relish which is made using sour raw mangoes, sugar, jaggery, and spices. Make it at home this summer!
- ▢1 kg Raw Mango (Peeled and Julienned)
- ▢1 tbsp salt
- ▢1 tsp Black Salt
- ▢½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ▢½ kg Jaggery (Grated)
- ▢½ kg Sugar (Powdered)
- ▢½ tsp Hing
- ▢1 tbsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- ▢1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- Mix the grated mango with salt, black salt and turmeric powder and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Add grated jaggery, powdered sugar, hing, red chilli powder and cumin powder and mix well.
- Transfer the chunda in a glass jar.
- Cover the lid of the jar and keep it in sun for 8-10 days.
- Keep stirring the chunda everyday while it’s kept in the sun.
- The sugar and jaggery will dissolve and everything will come together once the chunda is ready.
- You can keep this chunda for upto a year in a cool and dry place and use as and when required