30 December, 2020
Hibiscus Tea also is known as Karkade Tea or Jamaica Tea is a refreshing and super healthy beverage made using fresh or dried Hibiscus Flowers. This agua fresca is considered a superfood and when drank in a moderate amount has amazing benefits to the body. Here is how to make it.
- ▢8 Hibiscus Flowers
- ▢3 cups Water
- ▢1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ▢Honey (As per taste)
- To make this hibiscus drink, start by taking 3-4 flowers per cup of tea. Remove the calyx or the green part from which the flower is attached to the plant.
- Also remove the stamen, the part from which the yellow seeds are attached.
- Wash the petals well under running water and add them to a medium-sized glass bowl.
- Boil the water in medium-sized saucepan water and once it comes to a rolling boil, remove it from heat.
- Pour the boiling water over the petals.
- Cover the bowl and let the color from the flowers steep into the water. Steep for 10-12 minutes.
- Strain the tea using a tea strainer. Add lemon juice to it and mix well. Add honey if you wish to at this stage and mix well.
- Now add some ice to the serving glass, pour tea and serve.