30 December, 2020
Paneer PulaoPosted in : Rice on by : Simmi Iyer
Paneer Pulao is a healthy and delicious rice dish that can be made under 30 minutes and makes for a great lunch box option. Here is how to make it.
- ▢1 cup Long Grain Basmati Rice
- ▢2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- ▢200 g Paneer (Cut into cubes)
- ▢2 tbsp Ghee
- ▢1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- ▢2 Bay Leaf
- ▢3-4 Black Peppercorns
- ▢1 inch Cinnamon
- ▢2 Green Cardamom
- ▢1 Black Cardamom
- ▢2-3 Green Chillies
- ▢2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- ▢1 cup Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- ▢½ cup Carrot (Cubed)
- ▢½ cup Peas
- ▢Salt to taste
- ▢½ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- ▢2 cups Water
- ▢1 tbsp Fresh Coriander (Chopped)
- ▢1 tbsp Mint (Chopped)
- Wash the rice and soak in water for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add paneer cubes and fry until browned from all the sides.
- Remove them on a plate and keep aside.
- Add ghee in the same pan.
- Once the ghee is hot, add cumin seeds, bay leaf, black pepper, cinnamon, green cardamom and black cardamom and let them crackle for a few seconds.
- Add green chillies and ginger garlic paste and fry for a few seconds.
- Add onion and fry until they turn golden brown.
- Now add carrot and peas and cook for minute
- Add the fried paneer pieces, salt, garam masala powder, water, coriander and mint and mix everything gently.
- Drain the rice and add it in the pan and stir gently.
- Cover the lid of the pan and cook the pulao on low heat until rice is cooked and all the water is absorbed.
- Remove the pan from heat and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Fluff the pulao using a fork.
- Serve hot with a raita.