I often prefer light and protein-packed salad meals after a heavy dinner or especially in the summers. And therefore I like to prepare salads that are refreshing, easy to make, and are loaded with nutrients.
So, if you ask me one of my favorite salads that fulfills all these three criteria, I will name this Mediterranean Salad with Quinoa. Its light on the stomach and easy to make too
So lets try this at home today !!!! 🙂
- ▢2 cups Quinoa (Cooked)
- ▢1 cup Chickpeas (Cooked)
- ▢½ cup Red Bell Pepper (Cubed)
- ▢½ cup Cucumber (Cubed)
- ▢½ cup Grape Tomatoes (Cut into half)
- ▢½ cup Onions (Chopped)
- ▢½ cup Kalamata Olives (Pitted and sliced)
- ▢2 tbsp Parsley (Finely chopped)
- ▢50 g Feta Cheese
- ▢¼ cup Pine Nuts (Roasted)
For the Dressing
- ▢¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ▢1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- ▢1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ▢Salt & Pepper
Add all the ingredients to make the salad except feta cheese and pine nuts in a bowl and mix well.
Add the dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.
Top the salad with feta cheese and pine nuts just before serving.