I love bananas and I love to make breakfast, too. These are a refreshing change from your everyday waffles. I like to make big batches so I can freeze the leftovers and reheat them later for a quick breakfast.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-3/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Place peanut butter in another bowl; gradually whisk in oil. Whisk in eggs and milk. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Stir in bananas.
- Bake in a preheated waffle maker according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
If desired, serve with maple syrup.