22 January, 2021
Baked Egg With Quinoa & Tomato SaucePosted in : Veg/Non Veg on by : Simmi Iyer
A one dish meal that you can make for yourself on a Sunday brunch or casual dinner meal. It is a baked dish which is layered with quinoa, tomato sauce and egg on top. Melted cheese adds in an extra richness to the dish as well. You can serve it along with a fresh juice or a hot beverage for your Sunday Brunch.
- 2 Whole Egg
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 teaspoon Dry mix herbs
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Cheddar cheese , grated
- Salt , to taste
- 4 cloves Garlic , chopped
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 4 Tomatoes , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons Mixed Herbs (Dried)
- 2 teaspoon Red Chilli flakes
- 4 tablespoons red chilli sauce
- Salt , to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil , for cooking
How to make Baked Egg With Quinoa & Tomato Sauce
- To begin making the Baked Egg With Quinoa & Tomato Sauce Recipe, we will pressure cook the washed quinoa in a pressure cooker with 2 cups of water, salt to taste. Pressure cook for at least 3 to 4 whistles. Once done allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Heat a skillet with oil, add chopped garlic and saute till it softens. Add in chopped onion and saute till the onions get nicely caramelized.
- Add chopped tomatoes and sprinkle some salt and saute till the tomatoes become soft and mushy. Sprinkle seasonings like oregano, mixed herbs, red chilli flakes and mix it all. Using a potato masher, mash down the tomato mixture to a chunky paste.
- Bring the tomato sauce to a boil, cook until the sauce reduces. Check for salt and adjust accordingly. Keep it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius for 10 minutes, Take two ceramic bowl in which you can bake. Add cooked quinoa first and layer it evenly. Then layer it with tomato sauce, break an egg on top and sprinkle with cheese on top.
- Bake this Egg With Quinoa & Tomato Sauce in the oven for at least 25 minutes. Once done take it out and sprinkle with dried herbs and red chilli flakes and serve.