A quick dessert that you can whip up anytime of the day when you have those sweet cravings. The base is made from a crumbled oreo biscuits, milk and sugar. Which is topped with a creamy buttercream frosting. Your kids would love to have them as a summer dessert as an after school snack, serve it along with Ice tea
- 24 Oreo biscuits , (2 large packs)
- 2 cups Milk
- Sugar , (only if required) (I have not added in this recipe)
- Fruit salt , a sachet or 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups Caster Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 3/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- Icing Sugar , for dusting (optional)
- 1-1/2 tablespoon Badam (Almond) , thinly sliced
- 7 Oreo biscuits , cut into halves
How to make Eggless Oreo Cake Recipe With Buttercream Frosting
- To prepare Oreo Cake Recipe With Butter Cream Frosting, break the oreo cookies into chunks.
- Blend the oreo cookies to a fine powder and then add the required milk to form a thick batter of cake-batter consistency not too runny, but thick enough to pour into a greased container.
- Once you are about to pour into the cake baking tray- add the eno and mix it well.
- Pour the batter immediately into a greased pan, you can use parchment/ butter paper to avoid the cake from sticking at the bottom.
- Microwave for 4-5 minutes on high. If you are using the OTG/convention oven – 180 degrees Celsius for 15 -20 minutes depending on your oven.
- To prepare buttercream frosting, mix butter and sugar with a hand mixer for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add milk, vanilla and continue blending for 2-3 minutes. Adjust milk to achieve a spreading consistency.
- Once the cake is cooled on a wire rack, apply a generous coat of buttercream frosting.
- Decorate with almonds and halved oreo biscuits.