Spinach Corn & Cheese Momo is a lovely momo recipe with a twist. A continental filling of healthy spinach and corn is combined with cheese which makes these momos lip smackingly good. Serve it for a party to make a delicious appetizer.
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- Salt , to taste
- Water , to knead
- 1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Spinach Leaves (Palak) , washed and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Sweet corn
- 3 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- Salt , to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Mixed Herbs (Dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup Britannia Cheese Block , grated
How to make Spinach Corn & Cheese Momo
- To begin making the Spinach Corn & Cheese Momos Recipe, first let’s make the dough.
For the Momo dough
- In a mixing bowl, add maida, salt and mix. Add water little at a time to knead to make a medium stiff dough. The dough should be non sticky, smooth and firm.
- Keep the momo dough covered for 2 hours before making filling.
To make the Spinach Corn & Cheese Filling
- In a skillet, heat oil on medium heat, add the garlic and saute until it turns golden brown.
- Once done add in the spinach and corn and saute for about 5 minutes, until both the spinach and corn have cooked through.
- Now season with some salt, mixed herbs, chilli flakes and mix well to combine. Turn off the heat, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
To make the Spinach Corn & Cheese Momos
- Take a bamboo dim sum maker, or the regular idli steamer and fill it with water and pre heat it over a medium heat.
- Divide the momo dough into equal portions, of lemon sized balls.
- Take each ball and start rolling it out on a surface. Roll out the dough as thin as you can so that the outer layer of the momo is thin and delicate.
- In every flatten dough leaf, add 1 tablespoon of the Spinach Corn filling, a teaspoon of grated cheese and fold the edges to form a semicircle. Start pleating at one end to give a nice characteristic pleats.
- Do the same with all the rest of the dough and filling. Keep the completed Spinach Corn & Cheese Momos under a moist cloth to prevent drying.
- Grease the steamer plate with oil or place butter paper before placing Spinach Corn & Cheese Momos to prevent sticking.
- If using traditional steamer it has own boiler or if using bamboo steamer then boil water in a shallow pan and when water start boiling put momo filled bamboo steamer on it. Steam the Spinach Corn & Cheese Momos for 10 – 15 minutes until the momos look glossy on the outside.
- Once done transfer the Spinach Corn & Cheese Momos Recipe into a serving plate and serve hot