22 January, 2021
Stuffed Capsicum with Sweet PotatoPosted in : Veg/Non Veg on by : Simmi Iyer
Stuffed Capsicum with Sweet Potato Recipe is a healthy version to add in the right ingredients to your diet. The sweet potato is cooked till it is soft and mixed with basic spices like dried fenugreek leaves and chilli powder.
A little bit of olive oil is added to the mixture to make it little moist and not very dry. Olive oil also has a lot of antioxidants that are essential for the body. The mixture is then stuffed inside the bell peppers and baked till the peppers are cooked.
- 4 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum)
- 150 grams Sweet Potato , cooked and skin peeled
- 4 cloves Garlic , chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoon Methi Leaves (Fenugreek Leaves)
- Salt , to taste
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped
How to make Stuffed Capsicum With Sweet Potato Recipe
- To begin making the Stuffed Capsicum with Sweet Potato Recipe, we will first cook the sweet potato in a pressure cooker with water and salt and keep it ready. Pressure cook it for 4 whistles.
- Later, switch off the heat and release the pressure naturally and take the potatoes out. Peel the skin and by using a potato masher, mash to a smooth mixture.
- Heat a kadai with little oil, add cumin seeds and allow them to splutter for few seconds. Add chopped garlic and saute till it softens.
- Add cooked sweet potato along with all the spice powder including turmeric powder, red chilli powder, black pepper powder, garam masala powder and give it a mix. Once the spice powders are mixed, switch off the heat. Drizzle the mixture with olive oil at the end so that the mixture will stay moist.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius. Prep the bell peppers by carefully cutting the top of the capcisum which contains the stem and removing the core and seeds. Make sure you remove everything from inside without tearing.
- To the mixture, add the dried fenugreek leaves at the end and give it a toss. Stuff this mixture into the bell peppers till the brim. Place them on a baking tray.
- Bake them for about 20 minutes until the bell peppers are cooked. You can drizzle some olive at the top before baking.