Greek Spinach and Feta Oatmeal
Prepared with flair using lemon juice, spinach, garlic, fresh dill, feta cheese and toasted pine nuts, this oatmeal dish is scrumptious.
- 3 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 stalks – spring onions ( scallions)
- 1 garlic clove
- 3/4 cup Steel Cut Oats (Dry)
- 5 oz Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt, Coarse
- 2 tsp Fresh Dill
- 1 1/2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
1.Bring the broth, lemon juice, scallions, and garlic to a boil in a medium saucepan.
2. Stir in the oats and bring back to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until fully cooked, about 20 minutes.
3.Add the spinach and stir until fully wilted, about 1 minute. Stir in the salt and 1 teaspoon of the dill.
4. Transfer to bowls, sprinkle with the oil, feta cheese (or soft vegan cashew cheese), remaining 1 teaspoon dill, and the pine nuts, and serve.