Soya Chunks Masala in Coconut Milk is a spicy preparation of protein rich soya chunks in coconut milk which has its own list of benefits. This gravy pairs up perfect so well not only with hot steamed rice but also with wheat phulkas. The spiciness of the gravy can be adjusted according to the palate. The preparation of the soya chunk masala is an effortless affair with subtle flavors of spices and coconut milk, hence can be a top option of a lazy weekend menu.
- 2 cups Soy Chunks (Nuggets) , boiled and squeezed well
- 2 Tomatoes , finely sliced
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 3 Green Chillies , slit
- 3 cloves Garlic , grated
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 teaspoon Curry powder
- 100 ml Coconut milk
- Sunflower Oil , for cooking
- Salt , to taste
How to make Soya Chunks Masala in Coconut Milk
- To begin making the Soya Chunks Masala in Coconut Milk Recipe, get all the ingredients ready.
- Heat water in a saucepan and bring it to a brisk boil. Add the soy chunks into the water and allow it to boil for a couple of minutes until the soy chunks soak in a lot of water and become soft. This will take about 5 minutes. once the soy chunks have soaked in the water and become soft, drain out the water and keep the soy chunks aside.
- The next step is to make the masala.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add the cumin, curry leaves and green chilies and saute them for a few seconds. Add the onions, ginger, garlic and saute until the onions become soft and translucent.
- Add sliced tomatoes and saute for 2 minutes on high heat until the tomatoes soften. Once the tomatoes soften, add the coriander powder, red chilli powder and turmeric powder, mix well. Cook for half a minute.
- Add soya chunks and saute in the masala for 2 to 3 minutes. Finally add coconut milk and about a cup of water, salt and curry powder. Mix well and simmer the Soy Chunks Masala for about 5 minutes until the gravy thickens.
- Once done, check the salt and spice levels and adjust to suit your taste. Transfer the Soy Chunks Masala into a serving bowl and stir in the chopped green coriander leaves and serve.