This is an easy and exotic Indian dish. It’s rich, creamy, mildly spiced, and extremely flavorful. Serve with naan and rice.
- 1 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 4 carrots, cubed
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
- 3 tablespoons ground unsalted cashews
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro for garnish
- Step 1. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion, and cook until tender. Mix in ginger and garlic, and continue cooking 1 minute. Mix potatoes, carrots, jalapeno, cashews, and tomato sauce. Season with salt and curry powder. Cook and stir 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Step 2. Stir peas, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and cream into the skillet. Reduce heat to
- low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes. Garnish with cilantro, cashewnuts to serve.