Fish puttu is a popular dish in South India. It is a flavorful Indian style salmon recipe with onion, green chilies, and spices that goes well with rice.
- 1 lb SALMON
- 2 cup ONIONS RAW
- 4 no GREEN CHILIES
- 1 tsp GARLIC RAW
- 0.50 tbsp RED CHILI POWDER
- 1 tbsp CORIANDER POWDER
- 4 tbsp OIL
- 1 tsp FENNEL SEED
- 10 no CURRY LEAVES
- 0.25 tsp TURMERIC GROUND
- 2 tbsp CILANTRO (CORIANDER)LEAVES RAW”,”SALT TABLE”,”CILANTRO (CORIANDER)LEAVES RAW
- 1.50 tsp SALT TABLE
- Place the salmon fillet on a hot skillet, cover and cook on both sides, until the salmon gets cooked or until flakes easily with a fork. Flake the cooked salmon using a fork into tiny chunks and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add fennel seeds, chopped garlic and cook until garlic changes its color slightly.
- Add the chopped green chilies, curry leaves, chopped onion and cook until onion becomes soft.
- Add the flaked salmon, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, salt and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes on a medium flame until the salmon color starts changing to golden brown slightly, keep stirring in between to avoid getting burned. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.