Shrimp coconut curry is a quick and flavorful side in just 30 minutes. Coconut milk adds a nice flavor and creamy texture to the curry, this curry pairs well with white rice, cauliflower rice, and quinoa.
- 1 lb Shrimp Medium Size (Deveined and Peeled)
- 0.50 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder or Paprika (to taste)
- 0.50 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tomatoes Chopped
- 1 cup Onion Chopped
- 2 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 cup Coconut Milk Full Fat
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic Paste
- Salt (to taste)
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Marinate the shrimp with coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt and red chili powder for 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan, heat oil, add the marinated shrimp and saute until the color changes to slight orange. Remove the shrimp from the saucepan and set aside until needed.
- In the same saucepan, add chopped onion and saute until the onion becomes soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until the ginger garlic paste loses its raw smell.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes become soft.
- Add curry powder and saute for a couple of minutes. Add coconut milk, water as needed to your desired curry consistency and boil for a minute.
- Add the shrimp, cover the saucepan with a lid and cook for 4 – 5 minutes over medium heat and garnish with coriander leaves. Shrimp coconut curry is ready to serve.