6 February, 2021
Cheesy Egg Puffs
Posted in : Eggs on by : Simmi Iyer
Sometimes, its really nice to have some variation to your eggs, one such recipe is the Cheesy egg puffs. So whenever you feel you are tired eating your regular boiled eggs or egg fry or omelette , why dont you try this !!!
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup butter, cubed, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups shredded cheese
- 2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- In a skillet, saute the mushrooms and onions in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine eggs and cheeses. Melt remaining butter; add to egg mixture. Stir into dry ingredients along with mushroom mixture.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Carefully run the knife around edge of muffin cups before removing.