6 February, 2021
French Toast Fingers
Posted in : Snacks/Breakfast on by : Simmi Iyer
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 8 slices day-old white or whole wheat bread
- Optional: Confectioners’ sugar and halved strawberries
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and salt. Spread preserves on 4 slices of bread; top with remaining bread. Trim crusts; cut each sandwich into 3 strips.
- Preheat griddle over medium heat. Lightly grease griddle. Dip both sides of strips in egg mixture; place on griddle. Cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. If desired, cut into squares and alternately thread onto skewers with halved strawberries. If desired, dust with confectioners’ sugar.