6 February, 2021
Moong dal Toast Recipe
It is prepared and served very similar to the egg-based bread omelette where moong dal paste is substituted to egg yolk. it can be an ideal and complete breakfast meal providing all the necessary nutrients for a morning meal, for all the age groups including kids.
- ▢1 cup moong dal
- ▢2 chilli
- ▢¼ tsp turmeric
- ▢¼ tsp pepper powder
- ▢½ tsp salt
- ▢pinch hing / asafoetida
- ▢½ onion, finely chopped
- ▢½ carrot, grated
- ▢½ capsicum, finely chopped
- ▢2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- ▢¼ tsp eno / fruit salt
- ▢6 slice bread, white or brown
- ▢butter, for toasting
- firstly, in a large bowl soak 1 cup moong dal in hot water for 1 hour.
- drain off the water and transfer to the blender.
- add 2 green chilli and blend to smooth paste.
- transfer the moong dal batter to a large bowl.
- now add ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper powder and pinch hing.
- whisk and mix well making sure everything is well combined.
- further add ½ onion, ½ carrot, ½ capsicum and 2 tbsp coriander.
- mix well making sure everything is well combined.
- further, scoop out 2 ladlefuls of batter to a small bowl.
- add ¼ tsp eno and mix gently. make sure to mix eno in small batches.
- now toast the bread applying the butter on both sides.
- now spread 2 tbsp of prepared moong dal batter.
- flip over and apply the moong dal batter on both sides.
- toast on medium flame until both the sides are cooked well and turn golden brown.
- finally, enjoy moong dal toast with butter and tomato sauce.