This Baby Potato Recipe with Green Peas is a tangy, tasty and mildly spiced dry sabji made with baby potatoes and green peas. Gluten-free and Vegan.
- ▢10 to 12 baby potatoes or 3 medium sized potatoes (aloo)
- ▢¾ cup fresh or frozen peas (Matar)
- ▢1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ▢½ teaspoon red chili powder or add as required
- ▢1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ▢1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ▢1 teaspoon dry mango powder (amchur)
- ▢1 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- ▢½ teaspoon Garam masala powder
- ▢1 green chili , chopped, can also add 2 green chilies
- ▢1 inch ginger , chopped
- ▢2 tablespoons oil
- ▢rock salt (edible and food grade) or black salt or salt as required
- Wash the baby potatoes thoroughly. Keep their skin intact. Chop them into two.
- Rinse the green peas as well. Also chop the green chilies and ginger. Keep aside.
Making Baby Potato Recipe With Peas
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry the cumin seeds first. Then add the potatoes and peas and stir. Saute for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add chopped green chili & ginger and stir for a minute.
- Now add red chili powder, cumin powder and coriander powder. Stir again for a minute. Now add ⅓ to ⅔ cup water.
- Cover tightly and simmer the veggies for 20-25 minutes or till done.
- In between do check. The water may dry depending on the size of your pan.
- If the water dries up, then add some more water. About ¼ or ⅓ cup.
- Once the potatoes and peas are cooked and the mixture is totally dry,
- Then finally add salt, dry mango powder (amchur powder) and garam masala powder.
- Mix well and the add chaat masala powder.
- Garnish the sabji with chopped coriander leaves.
- While serving dry aloo mutter sabji serve with lime wedges if you prefer.
- This Dry Aloo matar ki sabji will go well with rotis, parathas or as a side dish with dal rice combo or kadhi-rice combo