Long, thick and lustrous hair is high on every woman’s wish list. But everyday exposure to dust, pollution, sun and dirt makes it an almost impossible dream to achieve. Products available in the market contain chemicals which do more harm than good in the long run. So how do you combat all these problems while still keeping hair healthy and strong?
Diet plays a very important part in the overall health of our hair just like skin. Here are a few additions to your diet as per your hair type that will help you add some glory to your crowning glory.
- Normal Hair: Fish, chicken, dals, sprouts.
- Dry Hair: Raw vegetables, pulses, brown rice, bananas, nuts, vitamin E capsules.
- Oily Hair: Green leafy vegetables, salads, fresh fruits, yogurt.
Shampoo : Mild Shampoo
The most important of steps to keeping your hair healthy is keeping it clean. And the product you choose needs to be right for you. Always keep them mild.
- For dry hair: Choose one doesn’t further strip your hair of its natural oils.
- For Oily hair: Choose one that works on limiting the activity of your oily scalp
Do use a clarifying shampoo every once in awhile or the product build up will effect the results that you shampoo has. Ladies, please remember that the shampoo is meant to clean your scalp and not condition your hair so aver doing the shampoo for dry hair is not going to help you in anyway. If anything it will only cause harm in the long run. Use only a drop the size of a coin for one wash, it is more than sufficient.
The best conditioners: Egg
Eggs work wonders on your hair. The yolk is rich in fat and proteins which greatly acts in moisturizing while the white helps to remove unwanted oils. Use egg to condition normal hair, egg yolks for dry hair and whites for oily hair. Remember to rinse with lukewarm water only !!!
4. Cleansing away the itchy scalp: Lemon juice and olive oil
- Massage your scalp with this mixture and allow it to rest for 20 minutes.
- Wash off as usual.
The lemon juice helps remove dry flakes of skin while the olive oil moisturizes the scalp.
5. Damaged hair: Honey and Olive oil
- Massage 1/2 cup honey and 2 tbsp olive oil into clean damp hair
- Rinse off after 20 minutes.
Olive oil conditions while honey has both anti-bacterial and conditioning properties.
6. Volume boosters: Beer and Egg
- Mix 1/2 cup flat beer, 1tsp oil and 1 egg
- Leave on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with tempid water.
7. Frizzy hair: Avacoda
Treat frizzy hair by massaging a mashed avocado into hair.
8. Dandruff: Brown Sugar
- Treat it effectively at home by mixing 2 parts of brown sugar to 1 part of your hair conditioner and lightly rub it on your scalp.
- Rinse off thoroughly.
9. Hair fall: Aloe Vera
Hair fall is an ever existent problem in out lives. And it constantly captures our attention! We are unable to think of anything. Aloe Vera is a perfect for healing the scalp and bringing the pH balance to normal. It also has cleansing properties that cleans the pores out.
- Blend aloe vera gel with 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- Add 2tbsp. coconut oil.
- Mix it and apply on your scalp and hair.
- Wash your hair as usual after 20 min.
10. Graying hair: Hair Color
Gray hair is never welcome. Even as a remainder of age! Even more when it comes earlier in life. Hair colors in the market are always there but have you considered that a more natural choice would be better for your hair?
Henna has been used a coloring agent for centuries now and when mixed with Indigo the results are only better. Here is how you can do it yourself.
- Mix henna and Indigo. Allow it to sit over night.
For brown hair
- Mix Indigo in warm water and leave it for 15 mins.
- Mix the above two pastes.
- Apply to hair and leave it on for an hour wrapped in a shower cap.
- Rinse well and shampoo
For black hair
- Mix Indigo in warm water and allow it to sit for 15 mins.
- Apply Henna paste on hair for 25 mins and wash off.
- Add salt to the Indigo paste and apply to hair.
- Leave it on for 2 hours wrapped in a shower cap.
- Rinse after.
I hope these tips help you all in getting and maintaining your hair, so it can be the healthiest hair you can have. Also remember, it’s important to hydrate from the inside out so make sure you drink lots of water and eat plenty of fruits and vegetables as it really does make your hair look more healthier and lustrous.
Pls not every hair and scalp is different , if the above does not suit you or your hair pls stop it.