9 February, 2021
Cabbage & Dal Stuffed Paratha
Posted in : Snacks/Breakfast on by : Simmi Iyer
Cabbage & Dal Stuffed Paratha is a healthy breakfast option and is packed with nutrition. It is a perfect nutritional combination of cabbage and yellow moong dal.
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 teaspoon Sunflower Oil
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Cabbage (Patta Gobi) , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Yellow Moong Dal (Split)
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1/2 Onion , finely chopped
- 5 Garlic , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- Ghee or oil for smearing
- Salt , to taste
How to make Cabbage & Dal Stuffed Paratha Recipe
- To begin with Cabbage & Dal Stuffed Paratha firstly boil the dal by adding 3 cups of water. Once it is boiled, drain the water and keep the dal aside. The dal water can be used to make the dough.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a kadai. After the oil gets heated, add cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add finely chopped onion and fry till onion turns pinkish.
- Once it is done, add the chopped garlic and green chilies and stir. Now add finely chopped cabbage, stir and close the lid of kadai, stirring in between. Let the cabbage get cooked for about 10-15 minutes.
- After the cabbage softens, add the dal and mix well. Take care not to add any water as the stuffing should be dry.
- Add turmeric and red chili powder and stir. Add salt according to your taste and mix well.
- Switch off the gas and let the mixture get cooled down.
- Mould wheat flour to make a firm dough. Add salt and oil to wheat flour and mix. Mould it into a soft yet firm dough by adding water little at a time. Cover the dough with muslin cloth for 30 minutes.
- Make small balls from the dough of equal size. The size should be a little bigger than the table tennis ball.
- Roll the dough ball into a little bit of dry wheat flour and roll it into small thick flat round shape. Place 2 tablespoon of the stuffing on it and close from all sides.
- Dust it in dry whole wheat flour and roll it into bigger round shapes, just like a chapati.
- If you see any air bubbles while rolling, simply pat it gently with your fingertips.
- Then apply 1 teaspoon ghee on the pan and place the paratha on it.
- After 2-3 minutes, apply 1 teaspoon ghee on the upper side and turn. Fry for another 2-3 minutes and your paratha is ready.