11 February, 2021
Khoya Kaju, recipe is rich Indian curry. It consists of roasted cashews i.e. Kaju in smooth and flavorful gravy. Bite of crisp Kaju in silky gravy is absolutely delightful and khoya i.e. evaporated milk provide an awesome texture to the dish. It is a distinct main course preparation. Kaju curry can be prepared occasionally for birthday party, family functions, festivals. Khoya Kaju curry recipe deserves a try because it is :
is a rich and heavy India gravy recipe
gravy recipe with cashews
Ingredients for: Kaju Curry
For onion paste
- 1 medium size onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 green chilies, roughly chopped
- 1/2 inch cinnamon stick/dalchini
- 1/2 inch ginger, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup broken cashew nuts
- 2 black pepper corns/sabut kali mirch
- 3/4 cup water
For Kaju curry
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- 1/4 cup khoya/evaporated milk
- 1/2 sugar or as per taste
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- Water as required
- 1 tsp ghee/clarified butter
- 1 cup whole cashews / sabut kaju
Instructions for : Kaju Curry
- Heat 3/4 cup water.
- Add 1 medium size chopped onion, 1/3 cup broken cashew nuts, 3 green chilies chopped, 1 clove garlic, 1/2 inch cinnamon stick, 1/2 inch ginger, 2 black pepper corns.
- Cover with lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes onions and other ingredients are soft.
- Let it cool and then put in a grinder and make a smooth paste.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp oil and add 1 tbsp butter.
- Add bay leaf and 2 cloves. Let the spices be aromatic.
- Add onion paste.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- The onion paste shall come together.
- Add 1 cup water or as per desired consistency.
- Let it simmer.
- Add 1/4 cup grated khoya. Mix and simmer it for 3-4 minutes.
- Add salt(according to taste) and 1/2 tsp sugar.
- Check the consistency and seasoning of gravy.
- Add 1/4 tsp cardamom powder. Keep the gravy aside for now.
- Roast whole cashews, for that heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan.
- Add 1 cup cashews.
- Cook on low flame till golden brown.
- Add to the prepared gravy.
- Bon appétit, Serve khoya kaju curry with butter or garlic naan.