12 February, 2021
Pheni Kheer – Karva Chauth specialty
Pheni kheer is prepared with milk at the time of Sargi. Pheni kheer is very thin sewiyan prepared in milk just like vermicelli kheer and garnished with dry fruits. Generally you get readymade pheni disks in the sweet shops on the Karva Chauth. It is a tradition to have pheni on karwa chauth day along with other sargi items.
- Pheni (Thin Noodles)
- Dry Fruits
- Cardamom Powder
- 100 gms Pheni
- 1 litre Milk
- 75 gms Sugar
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Saffron a few strings
- 12 Blanched Almonds
- 12 Pistachios
- 10 Raisins
How to Make Pheni Kheer For Karwa Chauth:
- Soak saffron in a little warm milk. Keep aside for later use.
- In a large heavy bottom pot dry roast pheni.
- Keep stirring frequently to allow equal roasting. Keep the flame low so as to not burn the pheni.
- Keep aside.
- Now boil the milk in the same heavy bottom pan. Add saffron milk , cardamom powder and sugar.
- Reduce the heat to medium and let the milk simmer for few minutes.
- Add the feni and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Pheni will swell up in size and soak up some milk. do remember to keep stirring with a light hand.
- Switch off the heat. Add blanched raisins, pistachios and almonds. Add rose water. Switch off the flame.
- Dish out the pheni and serve either hot or cold.