12 February, 2021
Stuffed Mango pickle
Posted in : Veg/Non Veg on by : Simmi Iyer
- 2 kg Mangoes (Aam)
- 8 teaspoons mustard powder
- 3 teaspoons fenugreek seeds, roasted and ground
- 4 teaspoons full Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 8 teaspoons aniseed powder
- 2 teaspoons ground Onions seeds (Kalonji)
- 8 teaspoons ground spices
- 1 small piece of asafoetida
- 2 teaspoons Turmeric (Haldi) powder
- 8 teaspoons Salt (Namak) for the masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ajwain
- 1/2 litre Oil (Tel)
- 12 teaspoons Salt (Namak) for Mangoes (Aam)
How to make stuffed mango pickle:
- Wash the mangoes and dry.
- Make four cuts in each mango, taking care not to cut right through, and remove the stones.
- Rub 12 teaspoons of salt and keep for 8 hours.
- Heat the oil, fry asafoetida in it till it becomes brown.
- Crush it and in the same oil, mix all the ground spices.
- Fill in the mangoes.
- Pack them in the jar and sprinkle the leftover masala over them.
- Pour the leftover oil over the mangoes.
- Keep in the sun for 2 to 3 days and then inside.
- Shake the pickle every other day for 15 days.