Packed with the flavor of avocados, its a ideal for breakfast or lunch treats. Just a hint of sweetness, these muffins are packed goodness of veggies, good fats, delicious taste. In one line, “ if you will be able to make these muffins at home, today! and I guarantee you will love them. These petite are vegan avocado muffins so special because they are- vegan(!), made with easy to find ingredients and ready in no time
- 1 green onion (scallion, small chopped, 3-4 tbsp when chopped)
- 1 avocado (large avocado, about 1/2 cup when pureed)
- 1/2 cup orange juice (fresh squeezed preferred, use unsweetened if using bottled/canned)
- 1/2 serrano pepper (very small diced)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose Flour
- 1/2 tea spoon baking powder
- 1/4 tea spoon baking soda
- 1/2 tea spoon Salt
- 1 table spoon sugar
- 1/4 tea spoon black pepper
- 3 table spoon olive oil
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees F.(190 degrees C). Coat petite cup cake (1 tbsp per muffin) tray with cooking/baking oil spray and set aside.
- Sift all-purpose flour with baking powder, baking soda in a medium wide bowl. Se aside.
- Take all wet ingredients in a blender jar or chopper jar i.e. – oil, orange juice with salt, sugar, and ¼ tsp black pepper.
- Puree with avocado, it yields 1 cup liquid. Fold in chopped scallion and serrano peppers (if using).
- Add avocado-scallion mix to bowl with dry flour and fold gently using no more than 7-9 strokes. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Spoon the batter into prepared petite muffin tins. Bake in preheated oven 20-22 minutes, until tops are golden and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let muffin cool in pan for 1-2 minutes, then remove and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.