Eggless vanilla cake recipe with step by step photos. This vanilla cake has a soft and moist texture. It also tastes very good and thus makes for a good base for making cream cakes and & gateau.
- ▢1.5 cups all purpose flour
- ▢1 teaspoon baking powder
- ▢a pinch of salt
- ▢½ cup water
- ▢½ cup melted butter or oil
- ▢¾ cup regular sugar or organic unrefined cane sugar – add as required * check notes
- ▢4 tablespoon curd (yogurt) + 1 tablespoon water ( you can use dairy curd or vegan curd)
- ▢1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or white vinegar (substitute is 1 tablespoon lime juice)
- ▢½ teaspoon baking soda
- ▢1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla powder or half of a vanilla bean – scraped
Preparation For Eggless Vanilla Cake
- First sift the all purposed flour/maida with the baking powder and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl or pan.
- Just keep everything ready as you have to be quick enough to mix the batter.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees c.
- Grease a 6 or 7 inches pan with butter or oil.
- You can also line the pan with butter paper and then grease the butter paper with oil or butter.
- Now take some butter and melt it in a small pan or microwave.
- You need to get about 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- Just melt the butter. No need to heat it.
- When the butter is still warm or a bit hot, add the sugar to the melted butter.
- Stir and mix well. keep aside.
- Now in a measuring cup or in a small bowl, whisk the 4 tbsp yogurt + 1 tbsp water till smooth.
- Add 1 tbsp vinegar. then add the baking soda and stir.
- Pour the butter +sugar mixture, 1/2 cup water and the frothing yogurt+vinegar+baking soda into the sieved flour.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Be quick enough to fold and make a lump free batter.
- Don’t over do the folding.
- Pour the batter in the greased baking pan.
- Shake and tap the sides of the pan so that air bubbles are released.