17 February, 2021
Spinach & Feta Breakfast
This hearty, healthy breakfast recipe is like a Greek omelette in a wrap. Fresh spinach, salty feta cheese, and black olives combine with scrambled eggs in a tortilla for an easy, hand-held breakfast you can eat on-the-go. Use whole wheat tortillas to boost the fiber in this protein and iron-rich breakfast
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach (roughly chopped)
- 4 Kalamata olives (chopped)
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter (diced)
- 1 tortilla (white or whole wheat)
- salt and pepper to taste
Steps to Make It
- Gather the ingredients.
- Heat a small saute pan to medium heat. Add 1/2 of a tablespoon of butter to the pan. Let the butter melt and swirl it to coat the pan.
- Scramble the eggs in a small bowl. Add in the rest of the butter chunks and salt and pepper. Add the egg mixture to the pan. Let the eggs cook for a moment and then gently push them with a spatula to allow the raw egg to cook in the pan. Just before the eggs are cooked, add in the spinach and combine until the spinach and egg are cooked.
- Remove the eggs from the heat and lay them over the tortilla. Top the eggs with the feta cheese crumbles and chopped Kalamata olives.
- Wrap together and serve!