We love eating different kinds of toasts for breakfast. This is one we eat often because we almost always have ricotta cheese and apples in the house. And of course, we always have honey! This is a super simple breakfast that you can easily take to go. It’s nice to have a breakfast that is sans meat and eggs once in a while. That also means there is less prep work and it is faster to make.
Simply spread the ricotta cheese over the toast and top with the apples slices and honey. It’s that simple!
- 2 slices wheat bread (whole grain, toasted)
- 1/2 cup ricotta (whole milk, or part skim)
- 1 apple (sliced thinly)
- 2 teaspoons honey
Steps to Make It
- Toast the bread to your desired toastiness. Let it cool slightly.
- Spread half of the ricotta on each piece of toast.
- Spread half of the thin apple slices over the ricotta cheese.
- Drizzle the honey over the top of the apples.