This easy Mustard Fish Curry recipe is perfect for those who love to enjoy spicy fish recipes with rice. Flavorful and so easy to make, this mustard fish curry recipe gets ready to serve in under an hour. If you are looking for an indulgent dish to make this weekend but don’t want to put too much effort, then this mustard fish curry recipe will be your lifesaver. This Mustard Fish Curry recipe is sure to be a family favorite because of the mustard paste and lemon juice used in it. Also, the addition of mustard in any fish preparation never lets it taste dull and also gives the fish curry an unforgettable taste. This fish curry recipe is quite easy to prepare at home because it just needs a handful of ingredients and is best for serving to the untimely guests. So, the next time you have a get together party at home and you are craving something like a Bengali fish curry, don’t forget to treat your guests this amazing Mustard Fish Curry and they will love the wonderful meal you served to them!
- 4 pieces rohu fish
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 3 tablespoon fish oil
- 2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 black cardamom
- water as required
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- salt as required
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 green chilli
How to make Mustard Fish Curry
- Step 1. Marinate the fish pieces Wash the fish pieces properly and pat dry them using the paper towel. Now, in a separate bowl combine, garam masala powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and red chilli powder along with salt. Marinate the fish pieces in this bowl and make sure the fish pieces have an even coating of this paste. Keep it aside.
- Step 2. Prepare the masala paste now, heat a pan over medium flame and pour oil on it. Once hot, add these marinated fish pieces on it and fry till they turn brown from all the sides or until well cooked. Once fried, transfer to a large bowl. Now, put fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, garlic cloves and black cardamoms in a blender and grind to make a smooth paste. Keep it aside
- Step 3. Cook the masala paste with onions & prepare a gravy in a separate pan, pour oil over medium flame. Add the ground masala paste, garam masala powder along with chopped onions in it and saute. Now pour a little water as required in this pan along with fried fish pieces and simmer for 3-4 minutes over medium flame.
- Step 4. Add lime juice & garnish before serving Your mustard fish curry is now ready. Add the lime juice and remove from flame. Transfer it to a serving dish and garnish with sliced green chilli. Serve hot to your guests along with steamed rice.