A salad that sums up health and flavor is something we all can die for! This easy-to-prepare vegetarian salad will take your taste buds by surprise with its amazing flavors. All you need to prepare this mouth-watering salad recipe is quinoa, corn, avocado, halloumi, eggs, vinegar, and apple cider vinegar. With fresh spices included in this salad, it has an aroma that will make your salad experience to another level.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- 2 corn ear
- 4 spring onions
- 4 egg
- 6 tablespoon plain greek yogurt
- 1 avocados
- 250 gm halloumi cheese
- sea salt as required
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 250 gm cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoon juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- black pepper as required
- water as required
How to make it:
- Step 1. Ready quinoa in simmering water for 10-15 minutes to make this amazing one-pot meal recipe, take a saucepan and pour 1 cup of water and a dash of salt into it. Add quinoa to the salted water and boil. After a while, turn down the heat and let the quinoa simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed entirely.
- Step 2. Brush spiced oil on the corn cobs and cook on a griddle melt 2 tablespoons of butter on a preheated griddle over medium heat. Add smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir all the spices with melted butter and brush the spices oil over the corn ears evenly. Take aluminum foil and wrap it over the corn ears and heat them on a griddle for 20 minutes, rotating frequently. After the corn is cooked from all sides, unwrap the foil and let the corns cool down. Take out the corn kernels from the cob and keep them aside for a while.
- Step 3. Prepare the salsa dressing for the salad. Whilst the corns are cooling, prepare salsa for the salad. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add cherry tomatoes and spring onions. Season with cider vinegar, virgin olive oil and a dash of salt.
- Step 4. Soft boil the eggs and cut in half.Take another saucepan with water and make it sit over a low flame. In the simmering water, soft boil the eggs for around 5 minutes. Drain the water and pour cold water over the eggs. Peel the eggshell and slice the egg in half.
- Step 5. Pan-fry the halloumi cheese slices Preheat a little olive oil in a small skillet. Once the oil is hot enough, lay halloumi cheese slices on the skillet and pan-fry until the slices turn golden brown in color. Flip and toss and cook both the sides of the slices.
- Step 6. Assemble all the ingredients in a bowl and serve in a serving bowl, combine quinoa with Greek yoghurt and add chopped coriander leaves, lime juice, a dash of salt and pepper. Mix salsa, corns, halloumi cheese slice, and soft boiled eggs. Sprinkle the chunks of avocado on the top and serve.