It’s been some time since I posted an egg recipe here. I’m kinda surprised this gap happened for an egg recipe. We eat eggs more or less on a daily basis. But it’s mostly in Omelet form
However, I’ve been planning to make this Egg Stew for quite some time. Honestly, I was a bit skeptical about how it would turn out. The thing is… stew by itself is a very light dish with just a little spice. The flavor of the stew usually comes from the meat we use in the recipe.
- ▢5 Hard Boiled Eggs (sliced)
- ▢4 Cardamom
- ▢4 Cloves
- ▢1 Big piece Cinnamon
- ▢1/4 tsp Whole black pepper
- ▢1/4 tsp Fennel seeds
- ▢1 Bayleaf
- ▢2 medium Onion (sliced)
- ▢1/2 tbsp each Crushed ginger & garlic
- ▢2-3 Green chilli (slit lengthwise)
- ▢Half of 1 small Carrot (cubed)
- ▢Half of 1 small Potato (cubed)
- ▢1/4 cup green peas (I used frozen)
- ▢1 3/4 cup Medium thick coconut milk
- ▢1 cup Thick coconut milk
- ▢5-6 Cashew nuts
- ▢5-6 Small / Pearl onion (sliced)
- ▢Curry leaves
- ▢Coconut oil (1-2 tbsp)
- ▢ Crush together cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, whole black pepper and fennel seeds.
- ▢ Heat oil in a wide and deep pan. Add crushed spices and bay leaf. Fry for a min. Add sliced onion and cook till it becomes light brown.
- ▢ Add crushed ginger garlic and green chilli. Cook for 2-3 mins, till the raw smell goes.
- ▢ Add cubed potato and carrot and green peas. Mix well.
- ▢ Add medium thick coconut milk. Bring it to boil. Reduce flame to lowest, cover and cook for 12-15 mins, till the veggies are done.
- ▢ Add boiled and sliced eggs and thick coconut milk and gently mix. Continue to cook on low flame for 5-6 mins. Switch off the gas. Fry the sliced onion, curry leaves and cashew till it becomes golden brown and add to the stew.