The recipe is very easy and straightforward. I think the taste and flavor of the pork actually depend on the meat itself. The ingredients are there just to highlight the flavor. So make sure you get good quality and a good cut of pork to make the most of it. This is a flavor-packed dish and it goes well with rice, appam or chapathi.
- ▢ 650 gms Pork (cut into bite-size pieces (refer notes))
- ▢ 1.5 tbsp Coriander powder
- ▢ 1 -1.5 tbsp Chilli powder
- ▢ 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- ▢ 1/2 – 1 tsp Pepper powder
- ▢ 1 tbsp each Chopped ginger & garlic
- ▢ 4 Cloves
- ▢1 medium Cinnamon stick
- ▢1/2 tsp Fennel seeds
- ▢1 tbsp Vinegar
- ▢15 Small / pearl onion (shallots) (sliced)
- ▢1-2 tbsp Coconut oil
- ▢Curry leaves
- ▢ Grind together ingredients from coriander powder to fennel seeds with 2 tbsp water to a smooth paste.
- ▢ Marinate cleaned pork pieces with ground paste, salt, and vinegar.
- ▢ Add 3/4 – 1 cup hot water to pork. Bring it to boil. Reduce to lowest flame and cook till pork becomes tender around 40-45 mins.
- ▢ Heat oil in a wide pan. Add sliced shallots and curry leaves. Cook till it browns.
- ▢ Add cooked pork along with gravy, if there is any. Mix well. Roast it on low flame for 8-10 mins, till the gravy is dried and the pieces are coated well with the masala. Add oil in between, if required.