21 February, 2021
Posted in : Veg/Non Veg on by : Simmi Iyer
Carrot Chutney is a healthy and nutritious Chutney made using Carrot, Grated coconut and roasted peanuts as a key ingredients. It’s spicy and sweet chutney which goes very well to Idli or Dosa.
- 3 nos Carrot big size
- 2 tbsp Grated Coconut
- ¼ cup Peanuts roasted
- 3 nos Red Chili
- 2 tbsp Urad Dal
- 1 pinch Asafoetida (Asafetida / Hing)
- 1 pinch Tamarind (or) 1/4 tsp Tamarind paste
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- Few Curry leaves
- Wash the carrots, peel the carrot skin, chop it in cubes and keep it aside
START MAKING THE CHUTNEY
- Heat the oil in pan, add red chilli and Urad dal and and fry it and keep it aside. Keep an eye on the red chilli.
- Add chopped carrot along with tamarind and asafoetida and fry it till it is cooked completely.
- When the heat of the fried ingredients begins to cool add these to the mixer along with the peanuts, grated coconut, salt and grind it to a nice paste
- Take these ground carrot chutney to the serving bowl
- Heat oil in pan, add mustard seeds and when mustard seeds begins to sputter add the curry leaves. Remove this from flame and add it to the chutney
- The delicious carrot chutney is ready to serve with idly, dosa, chapati