Coconut chutney is a very common chutney most of us make on a day to day basis. Other than Tempering, this recipe doesn’t need any cooking. So easy and quick to make and also a great accompaniment for variety of South Indian food like Idli / Dosa / Upma / Bajji / Bonda etc.
- 1 Cup Grated Coconut
- 2 tbsp Roasted Gram Dal (Pottukadalai / Dhaliya)
- 3 Green Chili
- Salt As Needed
- 1/8 tsp Tamarind Paste* * We can use pinch of tamarind instead of paste
- 2 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 tsp Split Urad Dal
- Few Curry Leaves
- 2 Red Chili
- Take Grated Coconut, Green Chili, Salt, Tamarind Paste, Roasted Gram in a mixer jar and grind everything to a smooth paste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and allow it to sputter.
- Add Split Urad Dal and fry till dal turns light brown. Then Add curry leaves and broken red chili. Switch off the flame
- Add this tempering to the Coconut Chutney
- Simple, Quick and tasty Coconut Chutney is ready to serve!