22 February, 2021
Here comes yet another signature recipe from my friends mother who gave me this recipe. I started making the same for ma husband. It almost takes no time to cook. This recipe is favorite among my family, friends & relatives. A lip-smacking delicacy Prawns Roast Kerala Style Recipe. It’s very simple yet tasty. Prawns -Shrimp, marinated in spices, then briefly roasted on the stove together with onion and curry leaves.
- 250/1/2 Gms Prawns-Shrimp
- 1 tsp Freshly Crushed Ginger Garlic or Paste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Powder or to your spice level
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 medium Onion thinly sliced
- 1-2 Green Chillies or your spice level
- 2 Sprig Curry Leaves
- Clean and marinate the prawns-shrimp with ingredients listed above “To Marinate” for 15-30 mins.
- In a pan, on the medium fire; cover and cook prawns with 1/4 cups of water till prawns-shrimp fully dried with masala.
- Heat coconut oil in a kadai /Pan; preferably in an earthen pot, add sliced onions, slit green chillies and curry leaves. Stir in between to avoid burning; allow it to cook on a medium-low fire.
- Add cooked prawns into it; combine well and saute for 10-20 mins till it roast. S
- Stir in between to avoid burning; allow it to cook /roast on a low fire until it attains dark brown in color
- Serve hot with rice and enjoy!