Sooji ke roll an easy, simple and interesting non-deep fried snack recipe made with aloo paneer stuffing in semolina wrap. it is an ideal and tasty snack that can be easily relished by all age groups including kids and old age. even though this is recipe is made using rava or semolina wrap, but can also be done with other flour-based like wheat flour, plain flour or even a combination of both for a unique taste.
for rava mixture:
- ▢1½ cup rava / semolina (coarse)
- ▢¼ tsp baking soda
- ▢½ tsp salt
- ▢1 tsp chilli flakes
- ▢¼ cup curd
- ▢water (for kneading)
- ▢1 cup paneer (grated)
- ▢1 cup potato / aloo (boiled & grated)
- ▢1 carrot (grated)
- ▢3 tbsp cabbage (finely chopped)
- ▢2 tbsp capsicum (finely chopped)
- ▢½ onion (finely chopped)
- ▢2 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
- ▢2 chilli (finely chopped)
- ▢¾ tsp cumin powder
- ▢½ tsp chaat masala
- ▢1 tbsp green chutney
- ▢2 tbsp oil
- ▢1 tsp mustard
- ▢¾ tsp cumin
- ▢1 tsp sesame
- ▢few curry leaves (chopped)
- firstly, in a mixie blend and powder 1½ cup rava.
- transfer the powdered rava to a large bowl.
- add ¼ tsp baking soda, ½ tsp salt, 1 tsp chilli flakes and mix well.
- also, add ¼ cup curd and combine well.
- now add water as required and start to knead.
- knead to a smooth and soft dough.
- cover and rest for 20 minutes.
- meanwhile, to prepare the stuffing, in a large bowl take 1 cup paneer and 1 cup potato.
- also, add 1 carrot, 3 tbsp cabbage, 2 tbsp capsicum, ½ onion, 2 tbsp coriander and 2 chilli.
- additionally, add ¾ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp chaat masala and mix well.
- mix well making sure all the spices are well combined. stuffing is ready.
- after the dough has rested for 20 minutes, knead it again slightly.
- now roll to slightly thick thickness.
- spread 1 tbsp green chutney uniformly.
- top with prepared aloo paneer stuffing and spread uniformly.
- roll tight making sure it is well secured.
- now cut into half and place in the steamer. if you have enough room in the steamer, then you can place the whole log.
- steam for 15 minutes, or until the rava layer is cooked fully.
- now slice into thick pieces and keep aside.
- prepare the tempering, by heating 2 tbsp oil.
- splutter, 1 tsp mustard, ¾ tsp cumin, 1 tsp sesame and few curry leaves.
- place the sliced roll and roast on medium flame.
- flip over and roast both sides.
- finally, enjoy suji roll with green chutney or tamarind chutney.