24 February, 2021
Fried Plantains – Diabetes Recipe
Posted in : Diabetes on by : Simmi Iyer
Crispy fried plantains. A plantain is a very firm banana. Serve as side dish with your meal or as appetizers.
- 5 tablespoons oil for frying
- 1 green plantain
- 3 cups cold water
- salt to taste
- Step 1. Peel the plantain and cut it into 1-inch chunks.
- Step 2. Heat the oil in a large skillet. Place the plantains in the oil and fry on both sides,; approximately 3 1/2 minutes per side.
- Step 3. Remove the plantains from the pan and flatten the plantains by placing a plate over the fried plantains and pressing down.
- Step 4. Dip the plantains in water, then return them to the hot oil and fry 1 minute on each side. Salt to taste and serve immediately.