A favorite recipe for all age groups, but primarily we want Diabetes patients to taste and see
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cut okra
- butter flavored cooking spray
- ¼ cup yellow cornmeal
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper (Optional)
- Step 1. Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place a baking rack on top of a baking sheet or sheet pan.
- Step 2. Cook the frozen okra in the microwave using your microwave’s frozen vegetable setting, or on high for 8 minutes. Drain and cool on paper towels, about 5 to 10 minutes. Spray generously with butter flavored cooking spray. Add the cornmeal, panko bread crumbs, garlic salt, and pepper to a plastic food storage bag. Place the okra into the bag and shake to coat the okra with the cornmeal mixture.
- Step 3. Remove the okra from the bag and spread it on the prepared baking rack. Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and crispy, about 15 to 20 minutes.