25 February, 2021
Dahi Batata Puri Chaat
The Dahi Batata Puri Chaat Recipe is a favorite street food specialty and is daily simple to make if you have all the ingredients ready. This batata puri chaat is a favorite street food of Mumbai, so much so that it has spread all over India and every chaat wala “Street Food Vendor” has his own version of it. This is an absolutely tangy, crisp and mouth watering dish that is savored fresh, as soon as it is made.
- Pani Puris ( depending upon the number of people, u can take puris)
- 2 Potatoes (Aloo) , boiled and cubed or sliced
- 1/4 cup Mango (Raw), finely chopped(optional)
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 2 Onions , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup curd , whisked (optional)
- Black Salt (Kala Namak), to taste
- 1 tablespoon Sugar ( optional)
- Red Chilli powder , optional (garnish)
- Chaat Masala Powder , powder (garnish)
- 1/2 cupgreen chutney ( coriander + Mint)
- 1/2 cup sweet chutney( dates + tamarind)
- 1 cup Sev
How to make Dahi Batata Puri Chaat Recipe – Classic Indian Tea Time Snack
- To begin making the Dahi Batata Puri Chaat Recipe, first prep all the ingredients and keep them ready.
- In a pressure cooker, add the potatoes and required water. Close the cooker and pressure cook it for 2 to 3 whistles. Let the pressure release immediately. Take out the potatoes and let them cool down.
- Once it is cooled down, peel the potatoes and cut them in squares. Keep it aside.
- Make the green chutney and date + tamarind chutney and keep them aside.
- Once you have all the ingredients prepped. In a mixing bowl, combine the boiled potatoes, raw mango, chaat masala powder and juice from one lemon. Stir well to combine and keep them aside.
- Whisk the yogurt/ dahi ingredients and keep aside.
- Arrange the puris or papadi on a serving plate. Gently make a hole in the puri with a spoon or your fingers. Spoon in small portions of the potato mixture into each one of the puris.
- Add the onions, the dahi into each of the puri. Finally, add the chutneys and sprinkle with sev, any additional chaat masala powder and red chili powder and coriander leaves and serve.