A mixture of spices and veggies makes this vegan, protein-packed tofu scrambler a tasty breakfast alternative. You won’t even miss the eggs!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup firm tofu (choose less than 10% calcium)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon turmeric
- In a medium-sized, nonstick skillet, sauté garlic and both bell peppers in olive oil.
- Rinse and drain tofu and crumble it into the skillet. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Stir and cook on low to medium heat until the tofu turns a slight golden brown, about 20 minutes. Water will evaporate out of the mixture.
- Serve tofu scrambler warm.