Skip to content
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1Onion, finely diced, (1 cup)
- 2Large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2Celery stalks, finely diced
- 1Jalapeño, seeds removed and finely diced (optional)
- 1Bay leaf
- 3Garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups Chicken stock
- 2 (14 oz cans) beans, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 cups shredded chicken
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp Fresh dill, finely chopped (plus extra for garnish)
- 1 bunch chard, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1Lemon, juiced
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- Heat the oil in a large pot set over medium heat.
- Sauté onions, carrots, celery, jalapeño and bay leaf until vegetables are onions are tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add chicken stock, beans, shredded chicken, salt and pepper and dill. Bring to a boil then reduce to a swimmer. Simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add chard and lemon juice and simmer for another 10 minutes. If you like it a little bit more “bright” add more lemon juice.
- Serve garnished with dill and shaved Parmesan.