Indian females tend to do fasting for various occasions. So there is no thing called breakfast or lunch for an Indian women when she is fasting. These women tend to make fast recipes for themselves or any other family member who is on fast. This recipe one such fast recipe. Its light and is consumed either with curd or some coriander chutney
- 3 Large Potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 3 tbsp kuttu ka atta/ Rajgira atta
- Sendha Namak, to taste
- Oil, For shallow frying
- ¼ Cup Coconut, grated
- 4 tbsp Peanuts, slightly crushed
- 2 tbsp Cashew nuts, crushed
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 Green chillies, crushed
- Coriander, chopped
- Sendha namak, to taste
- Heat a pan on medium flame. Add coconut and sauté for 4 mins.
- Now add peanuts and cashew nuts. Sauté again for 2 mins.
- Now add green chili and sauté.
- Add sugar, salt and chopped coriander leaves. Mix well and switch off the flame.
- In a bowl add in the mashed potatoes and combine with any fasting flour. Add salt and mix well. Form dough and keep aside.
- Now take the potato dough and divide into equal portions.
- Take each portion and roll in between your palms and flatten it bit. Add 1 tbsp of prepared stuffing and seal the edges. Repeat with others.
- Heat oil in a pan for shallow frying. Fry the pattice from both the sides till golden brown.
- Serve hot with