11 March, 2021
Katori chaat recipe | chaat Katori recipe
An unique chaat recipe or a street food served in crisp snack deep fried bowl’s. The bowl or canopies is filled with potatoes, sprouts finely chopped onions and tomatoes with chaat chutney’s and served as individual snack. it can be an ideal party starter snack and certainly can raise lot of curiosity with your party guests.
- ▢2 cup maida / plain flour / all purpose flour
- ▢½ tsp salt
- ▢2 tbsp oil (hot)
- ▢water to knead
- ▢oil for frying
for katori chaat:
- ▢1 cup chickpea / chana (boiled)
- ▢1 potato / aloo (boiled & cubed)
- ▢¼ cup green chutney
- ▢1 cup moong sprouts
- ▢½ cup tamarind chutney
- ▢1 cup curd
- ▢sprinkle Kashmiri red chilli powder
- ▢sprinkle cumin powder / jeera powder
- ▢1 onion (finely chopped)
- ▢1 tomato (finely chopped)
- ▢½ cup sev
- ▢few coriander leaves
- ▢sprinkle chaat masala
- ▢sprinkle salt
- firstly, prepare maida dough.
- now pinch a ball sized dough, and flatten it.
- dust flour as required and roll slightly thick.
- prick the flattened dough with fork.
- place a small katori or cup and wrap the dough.
- deep fry in hot oil or bake in preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius for 30 minutes.
- splash oil till the katori separates from the dough.
- now fry the katori, till it turns golden and crisp.
- drain off over kitchen paper and keep aside.
- prepare chaat by assembling katori in a plate.
- add in 1 tsp boiled chana, 1 tsp boiled and cubed potato, 2 tbsp moong sprouts, ½ tsp green chutney, 1 tsp tamarind chutney and 1 tbsp curd.
- also sprinkle chilli powder, cumin powder and salt.
- add in a tbsp of onion and tomato.
- garish with 2 tbsp sev and few coriander leaves.
- finally, serve Katori chaat immediately, sprinkling chaat masala over it.