An authentic and spicy flavored chutney powder recipe made with dry garlic. It is an essential condiment recipe for many street food chaat recipe which acts as a taste enhancer for many dishes. Yet it can also be served with rice or choice of Indian flatbreads as a side dish for lunch and dinner.
- ▢1 tbsp oil
- ▢¼ cup garlic (crushed)
- ▢1 tbsp peanut
- ▢1 tbsp sesame
- ▢1 tsp cumin / jeera
- ▢1 tsp coriander seeds
- ▢¼ tsp methi / fenugreek
- ▢¼ cup dry coconut
- ▢1 tbsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- ▢¼ tsp turmeric
- ▢1 tsp amchur / dry mango powder
- ▢pinch hing / asafoetida
- ▢½ tsp salt
- firstly, in a pan heat 1 tbsp oil and add ¼ cup garlic.
- saute on low flame until it turns golden brown.
- now add 1 tbsp peanut and saute till peanuts turn crunchy.
- further, add 1 tbsp sesame, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp coriander seeds and ¼ tsp methi.
- saute on low flame until the spices turn aromatic.
- now add ¼ cup dry coconut and saute well.
- cool completely and transfer to the blender.
- add 1 tbsp chilli powder, ¼ tsp turmeric, 1 tsp amchur, pinch hing and ½ tsp salt.
- blend to coarse powder without adding water.
- finally, dry garlic chutney is ready to enjoy with vada pav or batata vada.