12 March, 2021
A healthy instant dosa variety made from wheat flour or atta ideal for early morning breakfast or even for tiffin box. Unlike the other traditional south Indian dosa recipe, atta dosa does not require fermentation and batter can be prepared within minutes.
▢½ cup wheat / atta
▢½ cup rice flour
▢2 tbsp rava / semolina / sooji
▢1 tbsp curd
▢1½ cup water (or as required)
▢½ onion (finely chopped)
▢1 inch ginger (finely chopped)
▢1 green chilli (finely chopped)
▢2 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
▢2 tbsp curry leaves (finely chopped)
▢1 tsp cumin / jeera
▢1 tsp salt
▢oil for roasting
- firstly, in a large mixing bowl take ½ cup wheat, ½ cup rice flour, 2 tbsp rava and 1 tbsp curd.
- add in 1 tbsp curd and 1 cup water.
- whisk well making sure there are no lumps.
- further add ½ onion, 1 inch ginger, 1 green chilli, 2 tbsp coriander, 2 tbsp curry leaves, 1 tsp cumin and 1 tsp salt.
- also add ½ cup water or as required and prepare a flowing consistency batter like of rava dosa. else the dosa will not be crisp.
- rest for 20 minutes or till flour absorbs water.
- now check for consistency and add more water if required.
- now carefully pour the dosa batter over hot tawa.
- sprinkle ½ or 1 tsp of oil from the top.
- furthermore, let the base turn crispy golden brown. keep on medium flame to cook.
- finally, serve instant wheat dosa immediately with coconut chutney.