18 March, 2021
Methi Mutter Pulao
Methi Matar Pulao, a mild pulao with richness of fresh methi leaves along with fresh green peas. The slight bitterness of the methi leaves balanced with coconut based masala adds a nice flavor to the pulao. Relish this methi peas pulao with Raita of your choice. Also do leave your comments if you like the recipe
Tips for making Methi Pulao:
- Soaking rice for minimum 20 mins helps the rice to cook faster.
- Adding turmeric powder to methi leaves helps to keep the leaves green.
- We can add coconut milk instead of water for cooking the pulao.
- Sauting methi leaves brings down the bitterness. We can also add few mint leaves if we like the flavor.
- Cook in low flame for 20 mins.
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice 1 Cup – 250ml
- 1 Onion Thinly sliced
- 1 Tomato Roughly chopped
- 2 Cups Methi Leaves Tightly packed
- ½ Cup Green Peas
- 1 tsp Salt Adjust as needed
- 3 Green Chili
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 Garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- ¼ Cup Grated Coconut
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 2-3 Cloves
- 2 Cardamom
- 1 Star Anise
- Wash the rice thoroughly couple of times. Add fresh water and soak rice for 20 mins.
GRINDING COCONUT SPICE
- Take green chili, ginger, garlic, cumin seeds and grated coconut in a mixer jar.
- Grind everything to a thick paste. Set this spice paste aside.
- Lets start with tempering. Add butter to the pressure cooker. Once the butter melts, add the whole garam masala (cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and star anise) and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Next, add sliced onions and sauté the onions till translucent.
- Then, add roughly chopped tomatoes. Sauté tomato for a minute.
- Now, add the methi leaves and green peas. Give a good mix.
- Add the coconut spice paste and give everything a good mix.
- Drain water from rice and add the soaked rice to the pressure cooker. Stir the rice for a minute gently without breaking it.
- Now, add 1.25 cups of water along with a teaspoon of salt. Mix well.
- Cover the pressure cooker with lid and add the whistle. Allow the pulao to get cooked in low flame for 20 mins.
- Once the pressure is naturally released, open the cooker lid. Methi Peas Pulao is now ready.
- Relish this delicious Methi Peas Pulao with Raita!