This recipe I learnt only for my daughter and hubby. They love sweets, cakes. Basically they both have sweet tooth. Its more important for me to keep updating my sweet skills. Hence this recipe is very easy and not time consuming. Am sure children would love this Eggless steamed Chocolate cake. No butter recipe. You do not need any special equipment for this recipe. A good whisk is all you need. Here is how to do steamed eggless chocolate cake.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or sunflower oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup Maida (All purpose flour)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
CHOCOLATE ICING / GANACHE
- 250 grams dark chocolate
- 250 ml Amul milk cream or any good quality cream available in your market
- Take a bowl and add in all the wet ingredients. Whisk well to combine.
- Take a bowl and sift all the dry ingredients together in the bowl.
- Add in the mixed wet ingredients (milk-oil mixture) to the dry ingredients. Mix well with a whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Prepare a 6 inch cake pan and pour the batter in the pan. Cover the pan with an aluminum foil.
- Bring a steamer with water to a boil. Place the cake pan in the steamer, cover the pan with a tight lid and steam for 40 minutes on medium flame.
- Remove the cake from the steamer. Remove the aluminum foil. Allow the cake to cool completely.
- Gently run a knife on the sides of the cake to release the sides from the pan. Invert it to a cake board / plate.
FOR ICING / CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Scald 250ml of milk cream.
- Remove from heat and add in the chopped chocolate. Mix well with a whisk to combine.
- Cut the cake into half. Apply a layer of ganache on the bottom layer. Top the other half of the cake and generously apply ganache on the cake.
- Apply chocolate shavings for garnish