I love cheese cake but conscious about weight too. My daughter isn’t found of cheese cakes and my hubby anything made well and tastes good he will eat. And yes both appreciate my efforts too. But the below cheese cake has a twist as I added chocolate chips to it, Read below the recipe
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 ¼ pounds cream cheese, softened
- 1 ⅔ cups white sugar
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup Irish cream liqueur (such as Baileys®)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- Step 1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F
- Step 2. Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar in a bowl. Press over the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Step 3. Bake crust in the preheated oven until set, about 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool while making the filling.
- Step 4. Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add sugar, eggs, Irish cream, and vanilla extract to the cream cheese, beating well after adding each ingredient. Do not overbeat.
- Step 5. Sprinkle 1/2 cup chocolate chips over the cooled crust. Spoon cream cheese filling over the chocolate chips. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over the top.
- Step 6. Bake in the preheated oven until puffed and golden brown, but center is still springy, about 1 hour 20 minutes. Let cool completely before removing from the pan, about 1 hour.
- Step 7. Beat whipping cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add sugar and coffee granules. Continue beating until cream is firm enough to hold its shape. Spread over cooled cheesecake.