You can also make the same fruit salad with regular cream. so enjoy this sweet, delicious dessert of a fruit salad. You can also have it during Navratri fasts or during other religious fasting days.
- ▢1 cup chopped pineapple, fresh or canned
- ▢1 cup peeled, cored and chopped apple
- ▢1 cup chopped banana
- ▢1 cup chopped musk melon
- ▢1 cup chopped chickoo
- ▢1 cup chopped papaya
For The Cashew Cream
- ▢¾ cup cashews (Kaju)
- ▢½ teaspoon vanilla powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ▢sugar as required
- ▢chilled water
Preparing The Cashew Cream
- In a bowl take the cashews. rinse them well.
- Now add water to the bowl till it just about covers the cashews.
- Cover with a lid and keep in the fridge for 5-6 hours.
- Drain the water from the cashews. add the soaked cashews in a blender.
- Pour cold water in the blender again just about covering the cashews completely.
- Add some sugar and vanilla.
- Blend till smooth and creamy.
- Remove in a bowl and keep in the fridge.
- The cashew milk stays good for 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Use when required.
Making Vegan Fruit Salad
- Mix all the fruits in a large bowl.
- Now either you can add the whole cashew cream that we made or
- Layer it in individual serving glasses or bowls as I have done.
- Add a layer of fruits.
- Then a layer of cashew cream. add 3-5 layers like this.
- And then top up with some sliced pistachios or dry fruits of your choice.
- Enjoy a healthy and wholesome fruit dessert.
Few tips for vegan fruit salad
- To make a thin cashew cream, just add more water and to make a thick one, add less water.
- Instead of sugar, you can add honey too in the cashew cream.
- Use fruits that are available in season.
- Instead of cashew cream, you can also make this fruit salad with diary cream. Add sugar and vanilla extract to the cream and then whip it up. Add this to the fruits.