Creamy healthy sauce made from roasted bell peppers and carrot that is tossed with Penne to let your kids enjoy a Healthy meal for lunch. The sauce is luscious and has a bright orange tint that can go well with any kind of pasta too. Serve it along with fresh juice and a salad.
- 300 grams penne pasta
- 3 sprig Basil leaves , for garnish
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 2 Carrot, chopped
- 1 Red Bell pepper (Capsicum), chopped
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (Capsicum), chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic , chopped
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Salt , to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil , for cooking
How to make Veggie Penne Pasta Recipe In Creamy Roasted Carrot Sauc
To Cook the Pasta:
- Start by boiling the Penne Pasta in hot water, keep a saucepan filled with water over a medium heat.
- Drop in the Penne pasta and a pinch of salt and leave it to boil. Boil the pasta till it gets cooked until you get a biting consistency which is the al dente.
- Strain the water from the cooked penne pasta and rinse it under cold water. Drain all the water and drizzle olive oil over the pasta so it does not stick to each other.
To Make the Sauce:
- To make the sauce heat a sauce pan with oil. Once the oil is warm, add garlic and let it saute for about 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds, add in the carrots, red bell peppers, yellow bell peppers and roast them well till it becomes soft.
- Cool it down, and grind the vegetables in a mixer to a very smooth paste.
- Heat a sauce pan, add the ground mixture and milk, whisk it well. Season the sauce with salt and pepper. Leave it to thicken little.
- Add the boiled pasta and coat the pasta well with the creamy vegetable sauce and check for seasoning again and adjust it according to your palate.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius to 10 minutes.
- Add the Veggie Penne Pasta Recipe In Creamy Roasted Carrot Sauce into a baked ceramic pan and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of the pasta and bake it for 10 minutes until the cheese melts. Garnish it with basil leaves and serve.
- Serve the pasta with some light and healthy spinach soup or of your choice, to make a delightful meal for kids.