Crunchy celery, sweet apples, and toasted walnuts are tossed with mayonnaise and tossed with warming flavors like radish, cinnamon, black pepper and nutmeg for a fun twist on salad. If you are looking for a yummy side to accompany your holiday meal, look no further than this yummy Apple Salad recipe!
- ▢2 to 2.25 cups chopped apples or 320 grams (2 large, 3 medium or 4 small)
- ▢2 tablespoons chopped celery
- ▢2 tablespoons grated radish – optional
- ▢2 teaspoons lemon juice or add as required
- ▢¼ cup veg mayonnaise vegan or eggless
- ▢2 pinches ground cinnamon
- ▢2 pinches grated nutmeg
- ▢¼ teaspoon crushed black pepper
- ▢5 tablespoons chopped walnuts (lightly toasted) or 8 to 9 walnuts
- ▢salt as per taste
- ▢1 tablespoon chopped celery
- ▢1 tablespoon chopped walnuts or 1 to 2 walnuts
- Place the peeled and chopped apples in a mixing bowl. Add grated radish, if using.(opt)
- Add lemon juice and mix very well.
- Add chopped walnuts and chopped celery.
- Add the mayonnaise. Season with ground cinnamon, grated nutmeg and crushed black pepper.
- Mix very well. You’re ready to enjoy!
- Serve apple salad garnished with some chopped celery and chopped walnuts.
How to Make Apple Salad
1. Place 2 to 2.25 cups peeled and chopped apples in a mixing bowl. Add 2 tablespoons grated radish if using ( optional)
2. Add 2 teaspoons lemon juice and mix very well. The citric acid will prevent the apples from browning as you assemble the salad later.
3. Add 5 tablespoons chopped toasted walnuts and 2 tablespoons chopped celery. I prefer my celery and nuts to be chopped quite fine so there’s a little bit in every bite. If you prefer more variety per bite, leave them in slightly larger bits.
4. Add ¼ cup mayo (your favorite brand, homemade recipe, vegan or egg free). Season with 2 pinches ground cinnamon, 2 pinches grated nutmeg and ¼ teaspoon crushed black pepper.
5. Mix very well. You’re ready to enjoy a delicious, creamy, crunchy apple salad with walnuts!
6. Serve apple salad garnished with some chopped celery and chopped walnuts.